My ds had an allergic reaction to the taxing Poison Ivy. Needless to say, I have no experience with this plant. I must have been immune to it as a child because I never developed when being exposed. Of course, Dr. Mommy went on- line searching to find a home remedy. Who needs doctors when you have the wonderful informative Internet?
During several tears, I scrubbed ds’s poison ivy with a wash cloth consisting of my baking powder and vinegar concoction. Fizzing at first, the paste was a white, chalk-liked enemy to my poor ds. It hurt while I was scrubbing but it honestly helped the itching on his legs. I have been giving him benedryl daily and have had very little complaint.